For more information, advice, draft policies and so on, go to these websites
Australian sources and resources
- Information for women, including information on violence, from the Victorian Government.
- From WorkSafe Victoria - the Occupational Violence topic page:
- Preventing and responding to Work-related Violence - a Guide for employers
- A guide for employers on preventing and responding to work-related gendered violence and work-related sexual harassment.
- Cash in Transit - a 32 page publication outlining practical guidance for Cash In Transit (CIT) employers, and duties of designers, managers, contractors and employees. The publication covers risk management, safety and security risk assessment, vehicles and robbery. Another, related publication is Armed hold-ups and cash handling - Transferring cash - providing a solution for small businesses being targeted for robberies when transferring cash to the bank.
Prevention and management of aggression in health services - A handbook for workplaces. This handbook provides a framework to identify, prevent and manage aggression and violence in health industry workplaces.
Pharmacies - Employees being confronted (Archived - for information only)
- From NSW WorkCover:
- From South Australia: A webpage on Violence, with a number of useful documents.
- From Queensland: Preventing and responding to work-related violence [pdf] 2018
- From Comcare: Visitor Aggression - a risk management tool in the form of a simple table with advice from the Virtual Office section of the site
- From Safe Work Australia: Work-related violence
International sources and resources
- The International Labour Organization (ILO) website has many sector specific resources on violence and stress - for example on Violence at work in hotels, catering and tourism and Violence and Stress in education workplaces. A search of the website will reveal many documents and working papers.
- From the UK's HSE: Managing violence in retail and licensed premises toolkit a free web-based kit is designed to help employers in retail and licensed premises tackle the problem of work-related violence. While primarily aimed at large employers in the sector, an accompanying summary leaflet [downloads as a pdf ] is available for smaller organisations. The toolkit incorporates a wide number of examples of good practice and control measures used to reduce the risk of violence in the retail and licensed sectors.
Last amended April 2020