Safe Work Australia
COVID-19 Information for workplaces
There is a lot of information for workplaces on the SWA website - for specific industries, case studies, how to do risk assessments, and much more. Check it here.
National Fatality Statistics
Safe Work has updated its statistics. As of July 16 there had been 95 worker fatalities notified to the national body - this is an increase of four since the previous update on July 2. Tragically, all four workers who were killed came from the Transport, postal and warehousing sector. We send our sincerest condolences to the families and friends of these workers. The fatalities this year have been in the following sectors:
- 32 in Transport, postal & warehousing
- 17 in Agriculture, forestry & fishing
- 15 in Construction
- 11 in Public administration & safety
- 9 in Manufacturing
- 4 in Mining
- 2 in 'other services'
- 1 in Arts & recreation services
- 1 in Accommodation & food services
- 1 in Retail trade
- 1 in Health care & social assistance
- 1 in Administrative & support services
To check for updates, and for more details on fatalities since 2003, go to the Safe Work Australia Work-related fatalities webpage.