If you did not get a chance to see the Her Place Women’s Museum Australia’s exhibition which paid tribute to Victorian nurses and midwives, or you would like to see it again, it's available now online.
Unmasked: celebrating nursing and midwifery, Victoria and beyond was originally planned to mark the international year of the nurse and the midwife in 2020. The exhibition was funded by the Andrews Government and presented in partnership with the Department of Health, Safer Care Victoria and ANMF (Vic Branch).
The pandemic meant it was unable to open its doors until March 2021. Further outbreaks and restrictions meant a regional Victoria tour had to be cancelled.
To preserve Unmasked and its fascinating objects and stories, a digital exhibition has been created.
National Safe Work Month 2022
Safe Work Australia has released the theme and campaign kit for National Safe Work Month 2022 ahead of the official campaign launch on 1 October.
The theme for 2022 is Know safety, work safely - encouraging everyone to make health and safety a priority in the workplace.
Safe Work Australia are encouraging interested parties to start planning their work health and safety activities for October by joining National Safe Work Month following these steps:
- Go to the National Safe Work Month Website and download our campaign kit.
- Customise and share the resources with your workplace.
- Follow Safe Work Australia on social media to keep up to date on new campaign materials and to share National Safe Work Month updates.
- Use the hashtags #safeworkmonth, #KnowSafety and #WorkSafely when promoting National Safe Work Month on social media.
HSR Initial & Refresher training
Trained HSRs are more effective HSRs - have you just been elected and haven't organised your training yet? Do it now! And if you completed your initial five day training then organise your annual refresher now. There are things happening in the OHS space you need to be aware of.
Remember: under Section 67 of the OHS Act 2004 all HSRs and DHSRs are entitled to attend a one-day refresher course every year, yet many just don't get around to it. If this is you, then check out the courses scheduled for next year, and enrol now, before they fill up. It's important to attend in order to keep up your knowledge of OHS law and practice up-to-date. In the past year we have had significant amendments to the OHS Act, new regulations (for crystalline silica) and new codes. Trained health and safety reps make a real difference in their workplaces, and it's great to meet with others and share experiences!
Initial course dates :
- 23 - 27 May - Bendigo
- 15, 16, 17 June & 29, 30 June - Online (Currently Full)
- 18 - 22 July - Narre Warren
- 26, 27, 28 July & 10, 11 August - Carlton
Course hours: 9am - 5pm
Course length: All initial OHS training courses are 5 days.
Course fee: $870.00 incl. GST Regional: $895.00 incl. GST
Refresher course dates:
- 26 May (Education Sector) - AEU, Abbotsford
- 16 June - Online
- 1 July - Narre Warren
- 7 July - Carlton
- 14 July - Work Related Gendered Violence - Carlton
- 3 August - Work Related Gendered Violence (Education Sector) - AEU, Abbotsford
Go to this link to enrol in any of the five-day initial or refresher courses. Remember to then notify your employer at least 14 days before the course.