TONIGHT November 17: Dangerous Goods Advisory Group
The final DGAG bimonthly meeting for 2021 will be held tonight, Wednesday November 17. The DGAG is a general networking / discussion update meeting, open to all, to discuss issues that are going on for Dangerous Goods and Chemical Regulation at the moment.
This meeting will be a combined Physical Meeting and Zoom Meeting at 5.50 pm to initially meet up and then Physically and Remotely run between 6.10pm and 8.10pm.
- On Zoom (Zoom attendees please join from 5.50pm). To join the Zoom Meeting click here. Meeting ID: 851 0071 9278 Passcode: 606492
- Face to face: the Middle Park Community Centre (Upstairs) Meeting Room in Middle Park 254-256 Richardson St, Middle Park VIC 3206. (with a clean up to 8.40pm, followed possibly by a meal at the Thai Cafe in the nearby (200m) shopping centre)
The meeting will have a similar agenda to past meetings
The topics to be discussed will be:
- Hazardous Chemicals / Dangerous Goods Incidents
- The ADG Transport Code & Changes in the UN Model Regs, IMDG Code, IATA Regs, NZ Regs etc
- Dangerous Goods (Storage & Handling), GHS Haz. Chemicals, & Environmental Risk Management of Industrial Chemicals
- Update on Classification and Training for Dangerous Goods
- Information sharing
- Other meetings and events
For more information, contact Jeff Simpson (DGAG convenor and Webinar host), Haztech Environmental, Ph: 03-9885-1269 Mob: 0403-072-092, Email: [email protected]
Jeff can assist in setting up the Zoom meeting or adjusting computer settings. Contact Jeff for instructions on how to join.
Tomorrow, November 18: VTHC Annual Young Workers Conference
Young workers are facing an uncertain future. It's harder than ever for young people to access affordable housing, healthcare and to find secure work.
We're up against a Liberal government hellbent on smashing workers, selling out to their big business mates, and refusing to take the urgent climate action we need.
To win a fairer, safer future for all young workers we need to make our voices heard.
That’s why this year, the Young Workers Centre conference is all about building youth power - and we can’t do it without you!
As part of the conference the Young Workers Centre holding a practical how-to on the skills you need to organise other young people in your workplace, neighbourhood or electorate. You'll hear from young workers who are building worker power and community power and learn the skills needed to start organising yourself. Sounds good? RSVP and we'll see you there!
When: Thursday 18th November, 6:00 - 8:00pm
Where: Zoom, RSVP now to get the link!
VTHC Training for HSRs and Deputy HSRs
The scheduled courses for rest of the year are 'sold out' - with waitlists! However, the new timetable for next year is currently being finalised, so keep your eyes on the OHS [email protected] website as it's a good idea to book early as our courses will be very much in demand when things get back to normal.
Note: once face-to-face training begins in 2022, it will in line with the VTHC's COVIDSafe Plan, which means that all participants will need to provide and show a valid COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate prior to entering Trades Hall or training at other venues.