This year’s Health & Safety Month kicks off 4 October, and includes:
15 REGIONAL IN-PERSON EVENTS
Bairnsdale, Traralgon, Warragul, Narre Warren, Shepparton, Mildura, Port fairy, Portland, Horsham, Ballarat, Bendigo, Echuca and Wangaratta.
See here for times, dates and locations.
9 ONLINE WEBINARS:
- Reducing workplace harm
- Why WorkSafe exists
- WorkSafe's priorities to reduce workplace harm in construction
- The value of HSRs
- How WorkSafe can help the multicultural community
- Championing mental health in the public and healthcare sectors
- Managing psychosocial hazards in the workplace
- Early intervention
- Transforming mental health in manufacturing
See here for dates and registration.
AN UPDATE ON OHS CHANGES THAT CAME INTO OPERATION A YEAR AGO
The OHS and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2021 became law last year, which included a prohibition on businesses using insurance or indemnity arrangements to avoid paying penalties for offences under certain Acts and Regulations administered by WorkSafe.
The recent news is that these penalties relating to insurance or indemnity arrangements have now come into effect.
You can find a more detailed explanation of the changes here.