Health and Safety Training Officer
The AMWU are on the hunt for a new OHS training officer. If you're a strong Unionist, with a healthy pool of OHS knowledge this could be a fantastic step into a terrific union for you.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
The AMWU represents members in a wide range of manufacturing industries including metals, printing, food, auto components manufacturing, construction, vehicle, chemical and defence and airline industries.
A diverse range of occupations are represented e.g. production workers, trades people, and technical officers.
Consistent with AMWU values, the successful candidate must have a genuine interest in and positive attitude to improving OHS for AMWU members and be committed to work within a team environment to achieve better outcomes for workers.
Salary commensurate with experience.
A genuine commitment to Trade Unionism is essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering WorkSafe approved training to union HSRs
- Assisting HSRs to resolve workplace issues and conduct inspections
- Assisting HSRs to build and maintain strong OHS structures
- Providing technical advice and reports, written and verbal (State Council, WorkSafe & VTHC)
- Advocating for AMWU members on workplace Health and Safety issues
- Conducting risk assessments
- Researching OHS issues
Full details of the role and details on how to apply can be found here, on Ethical Jobs