UK regulator: good ventilation will help reduce COVID-19 transmission at work
The UK's health and safety regulator, the HSE, has updated its guidance to help employers identify poor ventilation in work areas and take practical steps to improve it. This can help reduce the risk of COVID19 spreading in the workplace.
- identifying poorly ventilated areas and using CO2 monitors
- improving natural ventilation
- how to improve mechanical ventilation
- air cleaning and filtration units
- ventilation in work vehicles
The HSE has also developed some examples of how businesses have improved ventilation to reduce COVID-19 transmission in the workplace. Check these out here.