HSR Initial & Refresher training
Trained HSRs are more effective HSRs - have you just been elected and haven't organised your training yet? Do it now! And if you completed your initial five day training then organise your annual refresher now. There are things happening in the OHS space you need to be aware of.
Remember: under Section 67 of the OHS Act 2004 all HSRs and DHSRs are entitled to attend a one-day refresher course every year, yet many just don't get around to it. If this is you, then check out the courses scheduled for next year, and enrol now, before they fill up. It's important to attend in order to keep up your knowledge of OHS law and practice up-to-date. In the past year we have had significant amendments to the OHS Act, new regulations (for crystalline silica) and new codes. Trained health and safety reps make a real difference in their workplaces, and it's great to meet with others and share experiences!
Initial course dates :
- 28, 29, 30 March & 11, 12 April - Trades Hall, Carlton/online
- 28, 29, 30 March & 11, 12 April - Online
- 28 March - 1 April - Ringwood
- 6, 7, 8 April & 28, 29 April - Trades Hall, Carlton
- 26, 27, 28, April & 4, 5 May - Trades Hall, Carlton
- 16 - 20 May - Geelong
- 16 - 20 May (Education Sector) AEU - Abbotsford
Course hours: 9am - 5pm
Course length: All initial OHS training courses are 5 days.
Course fee: $870.00 incl. GST Regional: $895.00 incl. GST
Refresher course dates:
- 16 March 2022 (Education Sector) - AEU, Abbotsford
- 22 March - Bendigo
- 24 March - Online
- 27 April - Trades Hall, Carlton
- 5 May - Geelong
- 10 May - Online
- 26 May (Education Sector) - AEU, Abbotsford
- 31 May Work-Related Gendered Violence (Education Sector) - AEU, Abbotsford
1 - COMCARE Refresher: Thursday 31 March 2022 - Trades Hall, Carlton*
3 - COMCARE Initial course: 7, 8 April and 20, 21, 22 April 2022 - Trades Hall, Carlton*
4 - 2 Day Manager’s Training Course: 5-6 May 2022 - Trades Hall, Carlton*
Go to this link to enrol in any of the five-day initial or refresher courses. Remember to then notify your employer at least 14 days before the course.