June 16: Dangerous Goods Advisory Group
The third DGAG bimonthly meeting for 2021 will be held on Wednesday June 16, via Zoom, from 5.30pm - 7.30pm. The DGAG is a general networking / discussion update meeting, open to all, to discuss issues that are going on for Dangerous Goods and Chemical Regulation at the moment.
Like many meetings the DGAG will be a Webinar Chat meeting. To join the Zoom Meeting click here. Meeting ID: 811 2532 1093 Password: 676155
The meeting will have a similar agenda to past meetings
The topics to be discussed will be:
Hazardous Chemicals / Dangerous Goods Incidents
The ADG Transport Code & Changes in the UN Model Regs, IMDG Code, IATA Regs, NZ Regs etc
Dangerous Goods (Storage & Handling), GHS Haz. Chemicals, & Environmental Risk Management of Industrial Chemicals
Update on Classification and Training for Dangerous Goods
Other meetings and events
- Discussion regarding a possible end of year event - possibly in a public garden
For more information, contact Jeff Simpson (DGAG convenor and Webinar host), Haztech Environmental, Ph: 03-9885-1269 Mob: 0403-072-092, Email: [email protected]
Jeff can assist in setting up the Zoom meeting or adjusting computer settings. Contact Jeff for instructions on how to join.
The 4th DGAG meeting will be on Wednesday 18th August 2021, and will be a combined Physical Meeting and Zoom Meeting between 6.00pm and 8.00pm (meet at 5.45pm), at the Liardet Community Centre Meeting Room in Port Melbourne (to COVID Rules). Note: This may become a webinar only meeting at IF we are locked down at that time.
HSR Initial & Refresher training
Most HSRs attend the five day Initial training course - it's extremely important that they do in order to understand their rights and powers as HSRs, and also the duties of employers and others. (Check this page for the 5 day training courses)
However, many do not then enrol in the subsequent 'Refresher' courses. All HSRs are entitled, and should, attend 'Refresher Training' each year subsequent to completing the five day initial training.
Section 67 of the OHS Act 2004 entitles all OHS and Deputy Reps who have completed a 5 day initial training course to attend a one day refresher training course each year to keep their knowledge of OHS law and practice up-to-date. It's important to take this right up, as the Refresher training provides an opportunity to catch up with new legislation and material, meet with other HSRs, and further hone skills.
The refresher course covers:
- Session 1 - covers legislative update on the Victorian OHS 2004 Act, OHS Regulations 2007, WorkSafe compliance codes and guides.
- Session 2 - covers consultation, communication, problem solving.
- Sessions 3 & 4 - covers hazard identification and control with either manual handling, work related stress, incident investigation or hazard mapping.
Course hours: 9am - 5pm
Course length: 1 day
Course fee: Metro: $330.00 incl. GST Regional: $350.00 incl. GST
Upcoming 2021 dates and locations:
- 25 June – HSR Refresher Training (Frankston)
- 15 July – HSR Refresher Training: Work-related gendered violence including sexual harassment (Carlton)
- 29 July – HSR Refresher Training (Carlton)
- 30 July – HSR Refresher Training (Ballarat)
- 18 August – HSR Refresher Training: Education AEU (Abbotsford)
- 19 August – HSR Refresher Training (Carlton)
- 21 September – HSR Refresher Training (Geelong)
Read more about the Work-related gendered violence course here: Knowledge is power in fight against gendered violence. Go to this link to enrol in a course. Remember to then notify your employer at least 14 days' of the course.