On 1 January 2008, the regulatory responsibility for workplace health and safety in Victoria's minerals sector was transferred to WorkSafe Victoria.
As well as the pages below, WorkSafe has webpages on Mines and also Quarries which have more information, including self assessment tools, to assist operators of prescribed mines to explore their risk management processes and identify opportunities for improvement. These are based on Part 5.3 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and the user can use them to assess their performance against the regulatory standard. The tools also contain guidance information and references.
- Risk Management Self Assessment Tool for Mines;
- Managing Risk Control Measures Self Assessment Tool for Mines;
- Emergency Management Self Assessment Tool
- Emergency Management Systems Self Assessment Tool
- Consultation, Information, Instruction and Training Self Assessment Tool
- And Fatigue in Mines - A handbook for earth resources - newly published in 2009, the publication is designed to assist mine operators and workers in earth resources comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 and Occupational Health (OHS Act) and Safety Regulations 2007 (OHS Regulations)
SafeWork Australia has a webpage on the Mining industry, which has information including an industry profile and compensation statistics.
Last amended June 2015