Banned but not gone: The import and new use of asbestos and asbestos containing materials is now banned in Australia, but it is still with us. Asbestos is still present in many workplaces and buildings built before the mid 1980's. Large numbers of Australian workers are still being diagnosed with asbestos related illnesses, many years after they were exposed. Many of these workers will die. On top of this, plumbers, electricians and other maintenance workers and others could be unwittingly working with or around asbestos every day.
Asbestos - in the workplace
- Asbestos - what is it?
- Asbestos - cause of 25% of lung cancers?
- Legal Standards for Asbestos
- Asbestos Action Plan for Reps
- Checklist for your employer's duty to manage asbestos
- Asbestos removalists - how can I find a suitable one?
- Asbestos - useful websites and documents
- Asbestos Disease Support Groups
- When you can't breathe